Thursday, November 29, 2007

Pack @ Boys - Johnny Tampa's Picks

Although I did Pick the Steelers Monday (Dolphins won Spread Wise).. I missed in my Blow-out prediction. Nevertheless I will take the W.

That makes me 7-5-1 (The 1 for the Cinci game I forgot to pick... For the record I picked the Bengals) .

Now for Thursday Night Football brought to you by NFL Network. Great to see that the 2nd most anticipated game this year will not be played on national TV as a majority of American households do not get NFL Network. Good Job Roger Goodell, this is as smart a move as NHL being seen on Versus Network between Championship rock climbing and sloop racing from Milan. .

Here we go..


Green Bay is a seven-point underdog in Dallas. Green Bay is also 9-1-1 against the spread ( 8-0-1 last nine road games) and 7-0 against the spread in its last seven games as an underdog.

Dallas is 7-1 against the spread in their last 8 vs the NFC & 4-1 against the spread in their last 5 games as a home favorite.

So whats it all mean?

Favre has never beaten Dallas in Dallas. Everything else aside, I take the Pack in this one. The Pack are firing on all cylinders and Favre cant finish his career without a win in Dallas. Now I also like the Pack and how they matchup against Big D defensively. Nick Collins is back to add some depth in the 2ndary, and hopefully KGB will play and put some pressure on Tony Romo. Another wild card is whether Woodson is healthy enough to contribute.

I expect a true Gun Slingin' Texas Shootout in this one. I just think Dallas will be out coached by Mike McCarthy (Made Kitna look horrible on Turkey Day and Kitna is no slouch / Roy Williams was also held in Check take Note TO) , Tony Romo will make too many throwing errors (This is too Big a game for the Kid) and Favre will show his strips as one of the best QB's in history removing the Cowboy streak from his personal slate.

Expect the winner of this game to face the Pats in the Super Bowl.

GB - 33 Dallas - 27

No comments: